Saturday, May 3, 2008

Bright, Sunshiney Day


The family took full advantage of this first sunny Saturday in 6 weeks. We started off our morning with a hot cup of coffee and bowlful of Kashi Go Lean - my fav. We had big plans to go downtown since so much was going on there but we had to get the ya-ya's out of the pups first. So we headed to the river. The pure unbridled joy that Lola and Gunner exude when they realize they're headed to utopia. If only we as humans could find half as much pleasure in the small things.
So we were headed back to the truck when I spotted this baby turtle. Let me just say that I'm always so impressed with Matt's ability to spot anything wild - ducks across a pond, deer tracks, gophers, you name it. I on the other hand could probably step on a snake and not know it. So I was really proud of myself for spotting this turtle. The poor little guy was really far from water so I took him back to the bridge so he'd have a chance. I hope he makes it.


We also saw ducks and a rare spotting of this elusive japanese sleeping bug:











No comments: