Thursday, December 30, 2010

Coming Soon

I guess I should make an official announcement here that the Helbig's are expanding. Hard to believe (and unsettling, exciting, nerve-wracking, hopeful...) that Matt and I will be the parents of two children. Two. Not one, but two. I know for many people two is a walk in the park, easy breezy. But oh-my-goodness I just don't know how we will do it. I know we WILL do it and it will be wonderful - I'm just missing the "HOW" part. The logistics. The PLAN. The routine. And how to make the routine seem not so, well, routine.

I think this recent development of anxiety is due to the non-stop pace my life seems to have taken on the past couple of months. It just so happened that work and personal family / home life decided to kick it up a notch at the same time. I am usually good if it is one or the other but both gets me a bit on edge. Like wake up in the middle of night and go over and over and over scenario A, B, and C again and again and again...

But let's be clear here - I am so thankful for this anxiety and sleepless nights because of what it is all stemming from. Another baby girl. A sweet sister for my little B. Another round of first smiles, words, steps, and birthdays. Another reason to celebrate the life Matt and I are creating together. Oh yes, I am so looking forward to bringing this little one into our family and growing our hearts again.

Worth it. Every little bit.

Brooke Jordan Helbig - coming March (or April?) 2011.

1 comment:

AbbyD said...

It's about time you posted something!! LOVE the name!! NOt sure if you remember that Laila's middle name is Brooke. :)