Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sabbatical - Part 1: The Fabulous


























I CANNOT believe that I have only 2.5 more days left at the beach! I seriously tried to slow time down these past 3 weeks and here we are, shocked at the reality of how it has all gone way too fast. Fast but fabulous. For the most part.


Brantley...what can I say? I love that little being with every once of myself. The week that just she, Matt and I were together was perfect. B thinks that Matt is the most hilarious person ever and he LOVES that she thinks that. And I love all of it. Lots of love going on here. The cool part is that we think she is the funniest little thing we've seen. I would say that my biggest joy these past weeks is that I really got to know my baby. That is fabulous and so, so, so sad to me at the same time.


Taylor and Joel came for a visit which was super fun. 2 pitchers of margaritas and watching Joel run from B as she tried to lay kiss after kiss after kiss on him - good times.
Mom and Dad are here to round out the beach vacay. It is great to be with them and have them get to know B. I think she knows they're special people in our lives. Today on the beach, M&D went for a walk and as they were walking back towards us she caught sight of them pretty far out. They were just figures walking but she knew it was them and she wouldn't stop looking at them until they got closer at which point she got up and ran to them. Sweetness.

Matt and Dan fished and we feasted on Mahi Mahi - delicious!


As far as hitting the beach goes, the weather could not have been better. Boating, not so good but we're sticking to the fabulous here.


I cooked! Once...but it was good...


Finished Pillars of the Earth. Great, long read. Some parts were very disturbing to me but overall I would recommend it.

I actually have some color for the first time in years. I know it isn't healthy but IT FEELS SO GOOD.

1 comment:

The Browns said...

SO glad you had fun!! These are great pics and Brantley is beautiful in all of them.

I can so relate to the bittersweet feeling of really spending time and getting to know your little ones. Don't focus too much on the bitter part though - just plain old not worth the time.

love you honey!