Monday, June 29, 2009

Dr. Jekyll & Miss Hyde


Jackie is taking care of Brantley at our house today since the Brocks have all been stricken with the stomach bug. It is great having her at our house and being able to spend more time seeing them interact. Brantley adores "Ja-gee" and I believe the feeling is mutual.


It also gives us an opportunity to compare notes. For example, I came home for lunch and while Jackie washed Brantley's hands and got her in her highchair, I made her lunch - pb&j, yogurt, blueberries and milk. I set it down in front of her and she immediately pushes away her plate and rolls up her mat and tried to undo her seatbelt. Jackie wonders what she is doing. She has never seen this behavior from Little Precious. Apparently Little Precious wanted Jackie to prepare her mid-day meal since she immediately began eating once Jackie gave her a napkin and placed her sandwich on that for her to enjoy. Ok...


Next up, the "ahuum, ahuum, ahuum" at the sight of Matt eating his lunch. This is the sound she makes when she begs for food...even though she just ate. Jackie asked me what she was doing. "What? She has never begged you for food?" "No! She's never begged me for anything!" Hmmm...well, that is her begging for food. Lovely isn't it?


Last up, the "anh, anh, anh". We hear this whenever she wants something but can't get it. "You've heard her do that, right? She does it quite frequently. I'm sure you hear it at least 10 times an hour, right?" "No, no! I've never heard her say that! She comes over and grabs my hand and takes me to what she would like to have." Ohhhh...ok.


You get the Jekyll - I get Miss Hyde!
PS: Do you see her contemplating her next move in the photo? I'm onto her now!


2 comments:

The Browns said...

I don't believe a word of it! That girl is too cute to be trouble!

AbbyD said...

M - she is gorgeous!! I love the photo! And I don't believe that precious thing is capable of any of it either!! ;-)