Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Get out your Bibles.

I'm working - ok, I really was working up to the point that I looked up and out my window and saw a rainbow. I haven't seen one in ages. The last time I remember talking about rainbows was in my college Bible Study and there was this kind of annoying girl in there (I know, not very Christian-like of me but if someone can tell me where in the Bible it says that we have to LIKE EVERYONE, I'll take the appropriate actions). She was going through some stuff and one day was walking across campus with her head hung low when she happened to look up and saw a rainbow. And from that moment on she vowed to, and I quote, NEVER WALK WITH HER DOWN AGAIN because there is hope in the world. Now, I love that she had that moment with God and I love that she saw that rainbow and her spirits were lifted. It is just the dramatic telling of the story that I didn't care for.

But before that memory came zooming in, I had my own little moment. I saw the rainbow, I paused and I gave God a little smile, nod and thank you. And then I got curious about the rainbow and how it is referenced in the Bible so I headed for our universal friend the Internet. From what I found it looks like it was God's way of telling Noah there would be no more flooding...which I think you could interpret further as troubles are behind you and there is hope for calmer waters. I love that.

Furthermore, everyone around here has about had it with the Seattle weather we've been having FOREVER. And wouldn't you know it, I watched that rainbow until it disappeared, started typing, looked up again ,and stretched before me is a CLEAR BLUE SKY! Hallelujah!

2 comments:

The Browns said...

After your other apparent escapades, it's a good thing you pulled that bible out!

Praise the Lord!

big D wilsons said...

i think that rainbow means that you will start putting your clothes on correctly now. =)