Saturday, April 11, 2009

And the Freak Mom Award Goes To...




Last month while I was brushing B's teeth I noticed a dark spot on the back of her bottom front tooth. I scrubbed and scrubbed for a couple of days without being able to remove the spot so I called my dentist who I l-o-v-e. I've been going to him for over 10 years, his wife is the best and I worked his dauther's 7th birthday party back in the day when I had 5 jobs in one year - one of which was at a paint your own pottery store. She is now in college which says just one thing - I AM OLD.

So I was freaked out that precious B had a cavity at the tender age of one. The thought was horrifying because, as I think I've mentioned here before, I'm a huge fan of good oral hygene and pride myself for having zero cavities. I talked to Kelly (Dr. Greenlee's wife) and she said to bring her on in and he'll take a look. Kelly and all the ladies there are crazy about babies so B received a huge welcome. She was cool with everything until Dr. Greenlee started poking around in her mouth.

Dr. G saw said spot and pulled out the plaque scraper thing. I had to hold B's arms down which added to her fury. Less than a second later the spot in question is gone. What??? Yeah, gone. Just took a little more umph than I was giving it apparently.

Crazy mom? Perhaps. But Dr. G did give me props for even noticing the spot and being so diligent about brushing her little pearls.

And she officially became the youngest member of the No Cavaties Club. An honor worth noting I'd say.

No comments: