Sunday, February 22, 2009

Va!

About 6 months ago, Brantley started pointing at the dogs and saying "Va!". We paid attention for a couple of days and decided this was her word for "dog". Then she started saying it whenever she saw a dog and whenever she got excited. But she's come back around to just using it for dog. And, I have to say, the day she begins to actually use the word "dog," I will be so sad.

Other Brantley updates:

*Pointed to the bears in "Goodnight Moon" - has been pointing to the cats for a while now.
*Barks when asked what dogs say.
*Walks! I can't believe I didn't post about her first steps and really walking...I'll try to get that down soon before the memory gets edged out by other milestones, grocery lists, and work projects.
*Signs milk, all done, hi, bye-bye, and will rub my chest to say please - sometimes
*Says "bee" for baby - and will pretend to wash her baby, "dee" for deer, "du" for duck, "da" for dada, "ma" for mamma, and a whole bunch of other sounds that we have yet to figure out.
*Oh yeah, and my favorite: "ni, ni, ni, ni" along with the two index fingers going Red Raider style.

My little bug is growing up so fast. Which is why I'm so excited about this year. My sabbatical from work has come around again (crazy!) so this May, B and I are headed to the beach for 3 glorious weeks! I cannot wait!

2 comments:

The Browns said...

Va! Va! YAY - Brantley!

3 weeks at the beach?? Sounds like heaven!!

big D wilsons said...

when are y'all going? surely i'm up for some kind of break from .....well, life?
any trips to the lone star state?