Saturday, November 29, 2008

Stuff

B is down for a nap and I really should be doing the same to try to rid myself of this sinus headache that has been creeping around with me the past couple days. At first I thought I may have a had a bad glass of wine and then I thought the Chinese food I had may have contained MSG but today I leaned over to pick B up and my whole face hurt. Including my teeth. Ouch.

But I don't really feel like sleeping. I keep thinking about things (maybe that is why my head hurts?) and am hoping if I write about them my brain can rest.

#1 I'm not real political and generally I know just enough to sound really dumb but I love listening to what people have to say. The other day I learned that Barack Obama would not be able to get a job with the US Defense Department because of his affiliation with that Ayers (sp?) guy. You know, the terrorist. So my question is how can he now be the boss of the entire department that would not hire him?

#2 I won't get into specifics but both of my receptionists were let go - justifiably so - while I was in TX. We are a very trusting group of people. I don't think we'll be so trusting in the future.

#3 The Cole's brought home their baby girl, Ruby! I'm really happy for them and I'm really happy for Ruby. What a blessing!

#4 My house is closing in on me. I'm ready for my adult house. My adult house will be laid out to accomodate dogs and children and adults and guests.

#5 How can I swiffer every day and pick up the same amount of grunge? I mean, our dogs are outside (unless it's raining) from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. When they come inside, they do their loop around Brantley's high chair, get their raw hide and then hit their beds. How then does dirt and dog hair get to every nook and crannie that B crawls on?

#6 We had a really good Thanksgiving - so much to be thankful for. Traditionally, Thanksgiving is when my Dad's side of the family gets together. Often times we would meet at my Great Uncle Russ and Aunt Margaret's beach house on Emerald Isle. Sometimes it was Ahoskie. Once it was in Hampton when we lived there. The past 5 years or more, we've gathered at Uncle JC's house. I knew this tradition was at least 20 years old but I learned this year it goes further back than that - maybe 50 years or so. Once one of the youngest members of the family, I now have the youngest member of the family. But so many of the people I looked forward to seeing every year are no longer with us - Russ, Margaret, Uncle Pete. Others aren't able or don't come for other reasons. I don't want this tradition to die but I already feel it is dwindling. And I'm afraid I'm the only one of this generation to be worried about it.

#7 It's been 5 hours and 16 minutes since I started writing this. It has been a long 5 hours and 16 minutes. Matt is hunting, the weather turned cold and rainy, and Lola, Gunner, Brantley and I all came down with a bad case of cabin fever. Days like this I feel like I have triplets. God bless people with triplets.

1 comment:

The Browns said...

honey - great post! I miss reading you...